Job Title: Sales Associate
Role and Responsibilities
Operationalizes the retail sales of roller skate merchandise. Technical knowledge of the merchandise is essential to ensure customers are outfitted safely and comfortably. Friendly and supportive customer service is our focus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with staff and patrons
- Perform opening and closing duties of a small retail shop.
- Maintain cleanliness of retail shop at all times.
- Receive and reconcile inventory to include barcoding merchandise and intake of consignment skates.
- Able to operate a point of sales system.
- Attend staff monthly team meetings outside store hours.
- Troubleshoot customer equipment repairs.
- Assist with inventory procedures including periodic checks and reporting.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to security practices and systems that prevent loss of cash and inventory shrinkage. Takes corrective action when problems are identified vis-à-vis customers and/or employees.
- Executes policies and procedures professionally and accurately.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation plan.
- Responsible for alerting managers to any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions.
- Follows safety standards when dealing with mechanical tools to ensure safety of self and others.
- Required to be ready to work immediately at time of scheduled shift.
- Responsible for completing all other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and occasional lift of up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work with children.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working with purchases and sales of merchandise and marketing.
- Knowledge of roller derby and roller derby equipment required.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age or older.
- Customer service experience is required.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
This position can involve sitting, standing, walking, stooping, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED
Standard office equipment that includes computers, fax and copy machines, telephones, and cash registers. Maintenance and cleaning equipment include hand vac, shop vac, broom and mop.
Please contact us at email@example.com